BEGINNERS (1 point)
- Which unit of length measures the distance between stars?
- Which arthropod is erroneously named for its thousand feet?
- Which Australian prime minister introduced compulsory superannuation?
- Is a cycad closer to a palm, a tree fern or a pine?
- Which Australian government organisation invented Wi-Fi?
INTERMEDIATE (2 points)
- In the imperial system, how many pounds in a stone?
- What was the name of the theme song for the TV series M*A*S*H?
- Who is the prime minister of India?
- Which US new wave band formed in the late ’70s was named after a bomber?
- What was John Maynard Keynes’ profession?
ADVANCED (3 points)
- In which year did the Vietnam War end?
- Which famous painting by Munch was stolen in 2004?
- The highly toxic substance ricin is found in the seeds of which plant?
- What is the plural of genus?
- Which Egyptian god was the protector of pregnant women?
- Light year 2. Millipede 3. Paul Keating 4. Pine 5. CSIRO 6. 14 7. Suicide is Painless 8. Narendra Modi 9. B-52’s 10. Economics 11. 1975 12. The Scream 13. Castor oil plant 14. Genera 15. Bes